OFFCUTS BUNDLE - Vilene - Style-Vil Smooth Sew-in Foam Batting
Regular price £7.50 GBP
OFFCUTS/SCRAPS - GENEROUS USABLE SIZES - OVER 1.5M IN TOTAL
Sew-in foam with a soft fuzzy layer that lightly 'grips' your fabrics. Just what you need to make bags that stand up by themselves. This foam provides fantastic structure and protection to your project, but like foam, it is also yielding, so it feels great. It can be used in place of or in addition to other stabilizers. Style-Vil is great for 3-dimensional projects, it adds shape and body. It is compatible with a wide variety of fabrics. Please note this product will arrive folded - when you are ready to use it, the creases will iron out just fine! For a general guide to Interfacing/Interlining click here.
* Easy to cut and sew
* It gives fantastic stitch definition when quilting with it
* Great for protective case projects such as laptop, eyeglass, mobile as well as giving lasting body, structure and stability especially for purses, tote bags, cup holders, nappy bags, and more!
* Superior quality that creases iron out easily (I have tested this myself)
* Machine washable 30o
Composition: 53% Polyester, 47% Polyurethane
How to use:
1. My preference is to stitch the foam to the pattern pieces inside the seam allowance and then I trim back the foam up to the stitch line (this reduces bulk) in your seams.
2. Stitch the foam to the fabric wrong side 1/8" (3mm) from the foam edge OR you can tack stitch the foam to the pattern pieces OR you can use a basting spray.
3. Construct your bag as per your pattern instructions (remove tacking stitches if used).
Share with tags: @uhandbag or #uhandbag - thanks :)